Steve Cook, our Founder and President, has always made it his mission to “have everyone who works at Lightspeed be able to retire from Lightspeed.” To achieve that goal, Lightspeed recruits, hires and retains the best and the brightest. We support each other professionally and personally. Lightspeed offers competitive salaries and above market benefits. Plus, we have a Segway, Nerf guns and company events for employees and their families.
- Expert level experience in advanced network routing and switching configuration and troubleshooting
- Expert level experience in layer 2 technologies including spanning-tree, QoS, and port-security
- Expert level knowledge of layer 3 technologies including static routing, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, route redistribution and manipulation, policy routing, and access control lists
- Expert level knowledge with Cisco Wireless planning and deployment
- Expert level knowledge with design and configuration of LAN/WAN using multiple technologies and routing protocols
- Expert level knowledge with security technologies including Cisco ASA, VPN, DMVPN, stateful packet inspection
- Expert level knowledge with Data Center networking technologies including Nexxus, vPC, vNE, and Spine-Leaf designs
- Able to generate physical and logical network layout documentation as a customer deliverable
- Must have solid troubleshooting methods to quickly identify, isolate, and solve complex issues
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree strongly preferred
- 6+ years of experience
- Cisco CCIE Certification minimum (R&S strongly preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. office hours (flexibility allowed)
- On Call rotation
- Occasional weekend and evening hours (usually planned in advance)
- Remote and on-site customer interaction/installation/troubleshooting
- Collaborate with other Lightspeed engineers – ex. Share knowledge, brainstorm, etc.
- Project reporting and documentation on a continual basis through the portal and direct communication
- Participate in Lightspeed training sessions
- Enhance skills through training, certifications, etc.
- When necessary, work with external contractors
- Continually seek to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the team, client and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply please email a copy of your resume to: